Jul 30, 2011

Kawalainen...

So I have come to the conclusion that the mikuni carbs were waaaaaaay too big for the kawai and so I had Jens fabricate a 2 into 1 carb manifold. After mounting that the engine still ran way rich so what to do? Comb the forums and hunt down all the carb experts etc etc... after much reading and testing on the bike I decided that the needle jet is too big as well....
Over to Ebay to order various sizes of jets.
wait.
get package in mailbox.
mount and test different sizes.
voila!
still running a bit rich but its going in the right direction ....

Also I find myself looking at hd Sportster ads at Blocket...... they are pretty affordable plus you got endless aftermarket stuff to choose from.... lets see what happens...
If I buy a sportster I need to sell both the Kawa and the Yamaha... ouch....

No comments:

Post a Comment